District Points of Pride
For the last several years in a row, Thurston High School has been recognized by Newsweek magazine as one of the top few high schools in Michigan and one of the top high schools in the entire United States! Go Eagles!
- 100% NCA Accreditation!
- 92% graduation rate – one of the best in Michigan
- Welcoming, creative, safe learning environment
- Effective Anti-Bullying Program
- Only district-run tuition free preschool offered in Wayne County
- The use of advanced technology, including Google Chromebooks, Robotics, communication and digital arts, including Thurston TV (THTV), interactive whiteboards and more
- Study abroad opportunities through our Cultural Immersion programs
- Mandarin Chinese beginning in elementary school
- Freshmen Academy easing the transition to high school
- Many specialized partnerships with business, community, and government leaders, including Detroit Diesel, Botsford Hospital, Redford Public Library, George Matick Chevrolet, Western Wayne Country Club, the Redford Jaycees, and Redford Township
- 750-seat, state-of-the-art Weber Auditorium
- Top rated instrumental music program that begins in elementary school
- Many art and elective programs for all ages, including step teams, school gardens, field trips, NFL Play for 60, and more!
- Standard and Poor’s AA Rating
- Excellent Athletics Program with over 20 sports!